The cake club is a vision born out of passion which has been a fun and educative learning atmosphere for all the members who have participated in the club activities since its inception.
VISION OF THE CAKE CLUB
The Vision of the Club is to train young children in the Art of Baking and Decorating… which include Cakes, pastries, macaroons, cookies and other snacks along side being equipped with the formal educational skills which children acquire in school .
HOW TO JOIN
Children between the ages of 7 to 17 are eligible to register for cake club, which is from Year 2 upwards. The program will run for an hour in one of the classes/ kitchen in your school, during that period the children will be taught different baking skills. This will be one day every week.
The Registration Fee per child is N7,500.00 per term for the training. This fee will cover the following:
- All ingredients and basic equipment required for the training.
- Baked goods
- Recipes sheets will be given to every child after each training.
Our target is to establish the cake club in every primary & secondary school in Lagos.
We have currently trained more than 50 students in Meadow Hall School who have learnt the interesting Art of baking such as cakes, biscuits, pastries e.t.c. Presently the cake club has been introduced to 6 schools.
An exhibition was organized where parents were invited by the school and each child baked one of the recipes prepared during the term. Certificate of participation was given to each child at the end of the term.
BENEFITS FOR THE CAKE CLUB PARTICIPANT
- Members would have acquired basic baking skills which can keep them gainfully occupied at home and later in future.
- Cake club recipe book free.
- Free stickers and badges for members.
- Free six inches cake for the members’ birthday that falls within the term.
- Discount on all celebration cakes for members’ Mum and Dad.
- Special gift for members marking 7th , 10th & 15th birthdays.